Jiangsu Provincial Government hasset up the Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship” for internationalstudents in order to promote the development of higher education ofInternational students in Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of JiangsuEducation to the world, to highlight the brand of “Study in Jiangsu” and tomake Jiangsu a preferred province for international students to study in. Thisscholarship will be provided to those excellent overseas students or scholarsto undertake full time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It willalso include those non-degree program students and exchange students inaccordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the JiangsuProvincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universitiesand international organizations.
I. CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS
1. Excellent foreign studentswho wish to undertake full time study in universities and colleges in JiangsuProvince.
2. Non-degree program studentsand exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements andMOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of otherstates, institutions, universities and international organizations
II. CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizensin good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
● Applicants for both the college andundergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a goodacademic performance and be under the age of 30.
● Applicants for the master’s degree programmust have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
● Applicants for the doctoral degreeprogram must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Applicants must agree to obey therelevant laws of the PRC and meet the admission requirements of the hostuniversities or colleges.
4. Applicants must have a good academicrecord.
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of otherscholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or otherorganizations simultaneously.
III. CONDITIONS OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Full Scholarship
● A fee waiver of tuition, registration,laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks.
Cost of experiments or internships beyondthe program curricula is at student’s own expense.
Cost of books or learning materials otherthan required basic textbooks is at student’s own expense.
● Free on-campus dormitory accommodation,or an accommodation allowance of CNY 10,000 per year.
● A living allowance of CNY1,500 per month
Scholarship recipients registeringbefore the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be grantedthe full living allowance of that month.
Recipients registering after the 15th ofthe registration month will only be granted half of the living allowance ofthat month.
● Comprehensive Medical Insurance andProtection Scheme for International Students while in China.
2. Partial Scholarship
1) College student: CNY20,000 per academicyear; Duration: One academic year
2) Undergraduate student / Postgraduatestudent: CNY 30,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year
3) Non-degree program student / Exchangestudent: CNY2,000 per month; Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with theagreement)
IV. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. Log on to the “Study in Jiangsu” website(www.studyinjiangsu.org)
2. Register an individual account
3. Complete the Application Form online,and upload e-copies of relevant original documents
4. Print the Application Form, sign it, andthen mail it with notarized copies of the relevant documents to the Office ofJasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team (Mailing Address: Pleasefind it in CONTACT)
V. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate(notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall alsoprovide Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they arestudying in. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must beattached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarizedphotocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must beattached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Recommendation letters: Applicants forpostgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese orEnglish from professors or associate professors with contact details ofreferees.
5. Other relevant documents.
Please Note: Submitted documents will notbe returned regardless of the result of application.
The Office of Jasmine Jiangsu GovernmentScholarship Management Team
Room 1212, No. 15, West Beijing Road,Nanjing, Jiangsu, P. R. China
Tel: +86 25 83335332
Fax: +86 25 83335521