Prof. Zhang has been engaged in research on ancient Chinese poems and lyrics. He is now the doctoral supervisor.
Ancient Chinese Poems and Lyrics
PhD, School of Chinese Language and Literature, Soochow University, 1994
Assistant Advanced Class, School of Chinese Language and Literature, East China Normal University, 1985
BA, School of Chinese Language and Literature, JSNU, 1978
Research Projects in recent years
1. National Social Science Key Project (No. 17AZW007, ¥350,000): Collection and Study on Chronicles of Lyrics in Qing Dynasty and Related Documents. 2017-2022
2. National Social Science Fund Achievement Library Project (No. 2012WK048, ¥150,000): On the Study of Lyrics in Ming Dynasty. 2012-2013
3. National Social Science Fund Annual Project (No. 12BZW048,¥150,000): Study on the Schools of Lyrics Writers Group in Ming Dynasty.
1. Zhang Zhongmou. Value and Features of Reviews of Lyrics Collection in Ming Dynasty. Jianghai Academic Journal, 2012 (1): 201-207.
2. Zhang Zhongmou. Deviation of Literature Value and Anthology. Literary Heritage. 2012 (2): 107-115.
3. Zhang Zhongmou. Spreading of Shufang and Lyrics Collection in Ming Dynasty. The Documentation, 2013 (1): 157-165.
4. Zhang Zhongmou. On the Interaction of Style and the Literary Meaning. Theoretical Studies In Literature and Art, 2014, 3
5. Zhang Zhongmou. On the Lyrics Writer from the Former Dynasty in Ming. Chinese Classics & Culture. 2014 (4): 138-142.
6. Zhang Zhongmou. On the Lyrics Field in Late Ming and the Reviving of Qing Lyrics. Journal of Soochow University(Philosophy & Social Science Edition). 2016 (3): 134-140.
7. Zhang Zhongmou. On Narration of Lyrics from the Range of Yuefu Study. Jianghai Academic Journal. 2016 , 58 (3): 186-195.
8. Zhang Zhongmou. Poems Written in Response to Jiangnan Chun:Generic Features and Cultural Meaning. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Social Science Edition）. 2017 , 6 (2): 119-126.
1. Zhang Zhongmou, The History of Lyrics in Ming Dynasty, Beijing: People’s Literature Publishing House. 2015.
2. Zhang Zhongmou, Appreciation of Lyrics in Song Dynasty, Nanjing: Nanjing University Press, 2015.
3. Zhang Zhongmou, Chronicles of Lyrics in Ming Dynasty, Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2015.
4. Zhang Zhongmou, Study on Lyrics in Ming Dynasty, Beijing: Zhonghua Book Company, 2013.
Honors and Awards
1. “Chronicles of Lyrics in Ming Dynasty” won the first prize of Jiangsu Institutes of Higher Learning Humanity and Social Science Research Outstanding Achievements Awards, 2016
2. “Study on Lyrics in Ming Dynasty” won the third prize 7th Institutes of Higher Learning Science Research Outstanding Achievement Award, 2015
3. “Study on Lyrics in Ming Dynasty” was selected into National Philosophy and Social Science Achievement Library, 2012
4. Study on Zhang Yan’s Poem Atlas won the second prize of Jiangsu Institutes of Higher Learning Science Research Outstanding Achievement Award, 2012
5. “Appreciation of Lyrics in Song Dynasty” won the third prize of Jiangsu Philosophy and Social Science Outstanding Achievement, 2011
6. “The History of Lyrics in Ming Dynasty” won the first prize of the 4th Xia Chengtao Lyrics Study Award, 2008