1. Training Objectives, Specifications and Requirements
Electrical Engineering and Its Automation will train the senior engineering and technical talents who will adapt to the development of modern science and technology, have a healthy body and good psychological quality, possess a solid foundation of natural science and experimental skills, master the professional skills and practical ability of electrical engineering, have innovative spirit and strong communication and teamwork skills, meanwhile they are able to engage in the work related to electrical engineering fields, and have the capabilities about strong engineering design, scientific experiments, research and development and technical management.
Based on training objectives, besides the general educations the students must major in broad basic theory and knowledge of science and technology about Circuit, electronic technology, motor and control, power electronics, power system, and so on. Meanwhile, the students must be given better engineering trains and they grasp the corresponding knowledge and ability about system analysis, design, development and research, and so on.
This specialty will train the applied technology and compound professionals who can coordinated develop in knowledge, ability, quality and they must possess the knowledge and practical engineering capabilities about electrical engineering and automation.
2. Academic System, Degree and Credit
Four-year undergraduate majors, and the students’ study years are form 4 years to 7 years.
Bachelor degree of engineering
Within the prescribed learning years, the students must obtain 133 credits before graduation.
3. Knowledge, Ability and Comprehensive Literacy
(1) The students must have a good humanistic literacy and scientific literacy
(2) The students must have a good Professionalism
(3) The students must have the basic knowledge of physics, mathematics and the other related natural science, which can help the students to engage in the field of electrical engineering.
(4) The students must have a good ability about comprehensive application of foreign languages, and they are able to read the foreign language books and magazines in the field of electrical engineering. Moreover the students must possess the listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation abilities, and they can carry out effective technical communication and international exchanges.
(5) The students must grasp the solid professional knowledge related to electrical engineering, including circuit theory, analog electronics, digital electronics, electrical machines and drives, power electronics, power systems, and so on.
Practical Ability Requirements
(1) The students must possess the essential research, analysis and design capabilities about basic circuit of this specialty.
(2) The students must possess the design, commissioning and data analysis capabilities about basic experiments of this specialty.
(3) The students must have a skilled operating ability about computer and at least they must skilled grasp the applied capability of a simulation tool.
(4) The students must possess basic ability to analyze and solve the practical problems of electrical engineering synthetically using the learned theoretical knowledge and technical means.
(5) The students must possess the initial ability to engage in the works of electrical engineering and automation.
Learning and innovation ability requirements
(1) The students must understand the discipline frontier and development trend, and have the open mindedness and international awareness.
(2) The students must have the sensitivity of electrical engineering and the cognitive ability of new technology.
(3) The students must have the innovative awareness and the innovative ability.
(4) The students must possess the initial ability to carry out the research, development and design of new products, new processes, new technologies and new equipments.
(5) The students must possess the ability to adapt to the development of electrical engineering, establish the lifelong learning attitude and learn the life-long learning methods.
Communication and communication capability requirements
(1) The students must understand the production, design and research rules of the related professions, and can be able to understand the impact on the objective world with the development of electrical engineering.
(2) The students must possess a good ability and skill of social interaction, and have a good social adaptability.
(3) The students must have a strong expression skills and interpersonal skills, and possess a strong collaborative spirit of team.
(4) The students need to master the basic methods about literature search, data query and using modern information technology to get the relevant information.
(5) The students must possess the international perspective and the capability of the cross-cultural exchange, competition and cooperation.
4. Curriculum type, structure and system （See attached Table 1）
5. Curriculum System Configuration Flow Chart（See attached Table 2）
6. Process Table of Teaching Plan（See attached Table 3）