Department: School of Mechatronic Engineering, Jiangsu Normal University
For Students: Enrolled in 2017 (4 years study period, undergraduate students)
Categories and Main Introductions
The major of Mechanics covers three undergraduate sub-majors, including mechanical design, manufacturing and automation (080202), vehicle engineering (080207) and industrial design (080205), of which the first sub-major is regarded as an excellent and specialized major in Jiangsu Province. The college has a state-level college students practice site outside the campus, a state-level experiment center of virtual simulation, a provincial-level experimental teaching demonstration center of mechanical basis, a provincial-level industrial design center, a municipal-level engineering technology research center and a municipal-level engineering laboratory. We have signed the 1 + 10 co-cultivation agreement with more than 10 well-known enterprises, such as the XCMG and China First Tractor Group Co.Ltd, and established a harmonious cooperation with several well-renowned domestic and foreign universities, such as St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology, which provides a great platform for our students’ cultivation. The college adheres to the principle of student-oriented, and carries out a series of training in innovative abilities of undergraduates, career planning, internship practice, graduation design guidance and international exchange under the guidance that each student has a mentor to lead him or her.
An Introduction to Major and Specialty(including the core courses and main disciplines)
The major of mechanical design, manufacturing and automation is aimed to provide advanced mechanical experts to work on design and manufacturing, technology development, applied research, operational management and other aspects of mechanical design and manufacturing fields. The main learning includes the basic theory and knowledge in mechanical design, mechanical manufacturing, mechanical electronics and automation, and also the basic training directed by mechanical engineers. All these efforts aim to equip students with a solid foundation of engineering science and capabilities in technology mechanical product design, manufacturing, equipment control and production organization and management.
This major reflects the principle of students-oriented, focusing its attention on basic knowledge of teaching, and aiming to cultivate students’ scientific literacy, engineering practice and innovative ability. Over the years, the students majoring in this subject has enjoyed a bright employment future and widely recognized by foreign, state-owned large and medium-sized enterprises and government departments.
Drawing geometry and mechanical drawing, theoretical mechanics, material mechanics, mechanical principles, mechanical design, electrical and electronic technology, hydraulic and pneumatic transmission, mechanical control engineering foundation, engineering materials and machinery manufacturing basis, CNC machining technology.
First-class disciplines: mechanics, mechanical engineering
Second-class disciplines: mechanical design and theory, machinery manufacturing and automation, mechanical and electrical engineering.
Teaching Program for Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation of the Entire English Courses (International Students)
I. Training objectives, outcomes and requirements
The over-all goals of this major aim to provide us with the advanced engineering experts
(1) who have a good ideological and moral, cultural, professional and social responsibility;
(2) who are healthy and share a good psychological quality, moral, intellectual and physical development;
(3) who grasp a solid mathematical foundation and experimental skills and acquire basic theory and knowledge in mechanical design as well as strong engineering practice ability and innovative ability;
(4) And who can engage in the design and manufacturing, technology development, applied research, operational management and other aspects work in the field of mechanical manufacturing.
According to the social and economic development, different fields and different social divisions of labor have different needs for the professionals, which means this major should focus on cultivating applied talents, allocatingcredit hours to devote specialized courses to specialized applications, and emphasizing the cultivation of students' ability to apply applied professional knowledge. After passed or reached HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Level 4, the students can graduate.
This major is aimed to cultivate application-oriented professionals who are well-developed in knowledge, ability, quality and other aspects and are excellent at mechanical design, manufacture and automation engineering. Students are required to accept engineering skills, scientific research and other aspects of comprehensive training during the school, and they can use the knowledge to analyze and solve the practical problems in mechanical design, manufacturing and processing. And they should have the capabilities of mechanical design and manufacturing in research, development and design the new technologies, new products and new equipment. Graduates are able to be employed to design, manufacture and manage in the fields of mechanical design and manufacturing.
II. School system, degree and credit requirements
Normal Period of Study: 4-7years.
Degree: Bachelor of engineering.
Credit requirements: Within the prescribed period of study, students have to get 133.5 credits by completing courses according to teaching plan and pass the HSK-4 before graduation (See attached table 1).
III. Knowledge, ability and comprehensive quality requirements
Based on the optimized curriculum system, the core of cultivation is to improve students’ ability and finally achieve coordinated development of knowledge, ability and quality. We focus on the cultivation of students’ engineering practice ability and highlight ability training of cross-cultural communication, competition and cooperation.
1. Students must have the knowledge of mathematics, natural science, economics and calculation which related to the engineering work, possess a broad knowledge of mechanical design theory and technology and a general knowledge of development status and trend of the field of mechanical design and automation.
(1) Master the knowledge of mathematics and related natural sciences, and have strong ability of mathematical deduction and calculation.
(2) Master the basic skills of cartography and can use the computer to complete the design of 2D and 3D graphics proficiently.
(3) Master the knowledge of engineering mechanics and have the ability to build the mechanical model with theoretical mechanics, material mechanics and other related knowledge.
(4) Have preliminary ability to use mechanical principle, mechanical design, tolerance measurement and other theories on mechanical structure design and solve practical problems.
(5) Understand the frontier dynamics and development direction of mechanical design and mechanical manufacturing technology.
(6) Skilled use of common design software such as AOTUCAD, PRO/E, etc..
2. Students must master the basic theory of mechanical manufacturing, have strong practical ability and can analyze and solve the basic manufacturing problems. Besides, they must master the professional theory knowledge of traditional manufacturing technology and automated manufacturing system and have the ability to use the above theoretical knowledge and technical means to solve practical problems.
(1) Master the research methods of traditional mechanical manufacturing technology and have the practical ability to analyze and solve the manufacturing process problems.
(2) Master the basic theory of common mechanical engineering materials, have the practical ability to choose materials reasonably and know about the development and application of new materials.
(3) Master the basic theory and technology related to automation, such as hydraulic and pneumatic transmission system, electrical control and PLC, testing technology, etc.
(4) Master the basic theory of computer aided manufacturing and have the basic ability to operate CNC machine tools and apply computer aided design and manufacturing software.
(5) Master the basic principle of fixture design and have the basic ability to design fixture of machine tool.
3. Students must have the ability to design and implement the basic experiment of engineering, analyze test result and innovate. Besides, they must master the structure principle and operation method of mechanical design and mechanical manufacturing technology related to experimental equipment and have certain independent research and design capabilities.
(1) Master the experimental methods and skills of engineering mechanics and engineering materials, have a good command of working principles and methods of common laboratory equipment and have certain experimental thinking ability.
(2) Master the basic theory and experimental technology of mechanical design and manufacturing, have the basic analyze and design ability of mechanical equipment and manufacturing equipment.
(3) Master the basic theory application methods of testing technology and have basic ability of design, integration, application and using computer simulation to control system.
(4) Can make use of the knowledge that have learned to build an experimental platform for self-exploring and developing interests and cultivate the independent innovation ability of research.
(5) Can use the principle knowledge and technical methods to discover, analyze and solve the scientific and engineering problems related to mechanical design and manufacturing technology independently.
4. As scientific and technical workers, students must take the responsibilities and have consciousness of contributing to society and serving the society.
(1) Have good humanistic and social accomplishment such as ideological quality, cultural accomplishment and social morality, social responsibility and engineering professional ethics.
(2) Have the knowledge of technical ethics, understand the social problems that may arise from the development of engineering technology, make judgment and realize self-restrain.
(3) Have military basic skills, good psychological endurance, and the ability to cope with emergencies and crises.
(4) Be familiar with the basic laws and regulations of the country, comply with the code of professional conduct and carry out the work under the framework of law and system.
(5) Have spirit of patriotism, collectivism and hard struggle.
5. Students must have good communication skills.
(1) Master the methods of literature retrieval and information inquiry, use modern technology to track and obtain information.
(2) Have a good command of Chinese and communicate with each other effectively.
(3) Can use mechanical engineering terminology for effective communication.
(4) Have teamwork and cooperation ability and play a backbone role in the team; Have a certain organizational management ability, strong self-control ability and interpersonal skills; Have strong adaptability, self-confidence, flexibility in dealing with interpersonal relationships.
(5) Have international vision and intercultural communication, competition and cooperation ability.
(6) Adapt to the development of modern technology and cultivate the ability of lifelong learning.
IV. Curriculum type, structure and system (See attached table 1)
V. Teaching schedule (See attached table 2, 3)
VI. Flow chart of curriculum system configuration (See attached table 4)